Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Who's Going to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival Next Week....?????

I am! Woo hoo!
Can't wait - just a little more than one week until the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival happens in Hampton, Virginia. Only a little more than a three hour drive from us here in Raleigh -- I'm headin' out!
Here's a bit of information about the show from their website. Or, if you prefer, you can click on the words Mid-Atlantic below and it is linked to take you directly to the site:

February 21 – 24, 2008

All under one roof at theHampton Roads Convention CenterHampton, Virginia
Greater Chesapeake Bay / Williamsburg Area

Join us as we continue to grow in 2008. Explore an American art that has developed and grown with the nation. In its 19th year, the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival is a compilation of quilting, fiber arts, and wearable arts - now all under one roof. It's the perfect place for quilt enthusiasts and textile artists to meet, shop, learn and explore their art.



Hampton is close to Newport News which is a cool city with lots of history, and I'm looking forward to visiting that, also. I will be -- staying for three days - and then heading home. I've never really gone anywhere without the family (or at least part of the family) in tow so this will be interesting. My first "big girl" trip! Just me, my Jeep -- and the open road (oh, and lots of quilts!!)


The show last year was unbelievable. All year long I've been seeing some of the quilts I saw at the show -- in magazines and books. There are some outstanding artists represented at the show -- some famous -- some not so famous.
So -- who else is going???

5 comments:

Guzzisue said...

me thinks a bit too far to ride over :) he he Have a good time and bring back loads of photos

Nellie's Needles said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog. I enjoy mine to yours. Have a good trip and fun at the show.

Nikki said...

Have a wonderful trip, you big girl!

Katie said...

I am, I am! We're leaving Raleigh Friday night after the Neil Sedaka concert. So I'll be there Saturday and maybe Sunday. Sailor son and family are stationed in Norfolk so we'll get to see them too. :-)

williamsburg beader said...

This is the first time in 15 yrs I won't be at the show at least part of the weekend. *sigh*

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????