Made this turkey out of batik fabrics that I've been hoarding ( sometimes I just can't bring myself to use stuff I really love - isn't that DUMB!) It actually was a pattern, but I didn't like the pattern so I changed it up. The turkey was supposed to be mounted on a "pieced" background which I thought made it way too busy and took away from this cutie. So I cut him off the pieced backing, and satin stitched all the way around his body, which added tons of dimension and personality.
Here is the Autumn Leaf Tote I have been working on. I was soooo tempted to keep this one for myself. The fabric I used on this is without a doubt the coolest batik I've ever found. I wish I would have bought about 10 yards because this would have made a really stunning quilt.
I made the leaves like I do for most of my projects - commercial leaves that I cut up and paint with Lumiere Metallic paint. I appliqued these leaves to a piece of jet black canvas before attaching them to both the front and back of the bag. The inside is lined with tea dyed muslin and I made a pocket edged with canvas and embellished with a bronze word charm,"Dream." (little hidden messages make me happy!)