Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Truly am Spoiled.....

I guess Santa paid attention to my 1000+ letters asking for a Little Gracie II quilting frame 'cause sure enough -- there she was in a two huge boxes underneath my Christmas tree on Christmas morning. Now she's downstairs in 1000+ pieces waiting for Blaise to put her together. He's so good - I know he'll have her up and running within the next day or so. I'm really looking forward to taking my quilting to the next level and I'm hoping that Gracie will help me do that. I have a great little sewing machine -- a Janome 6600P -- and while I know a lady in my quilt guild who quilts like Picasso paints with her Janome, I am having a terrible time -- struggle with all that bulk while trying to quilt. And with Grace's "no baste" rails, I can slide the edges in, roll 'em up tight and quilt away. I can't wait to try her out!!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! You will love it!

verobirdie said...

You are a lucky girl! Hope you'll enjoy it. In fact I'm sure you will.
And thanks for sharing your new books, it is always good to have another point of view before buying a new book, especially if you can't browse through them.

English Rose said...

wow, what a great christmas present, I am very envious, and really hope that you get to grips with this quickly and enjoy your quilting. I appreciated your run down on the 3 books too, it's always helpful to have a real review of them, and I was considering the fabric arts workshop one just before christmas, so will add it to my wish list.
happy new year hon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You must really know how to get to Santa........that is a great present.
I just purchased the 6600P and love it. It free motions beautifully and pieces nicely too.

Nice blog. :-)

Cathie said...

Let's just say,
I have my "ways...." LOL

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????