It's been a while, I know. You may recall, I participated in a group project wherein we each selected an image, sliced it up into five pieces and handed out one piece to each artist to interpret. I received all the pieces back months ago, got frustrated with this and put it aside. (You can click here to see the history and beginning's of my Van Gogh Iris art quilt slice project.)
I've had a hard time getting the pieces to fit together properly and just put it away for a while. Well, I got it back out this past weekend and am bound and determined to complete it. The pieces have now been stitched together and I am in the process of adding painted details to unify the pieces. Once I finish the painting process, I plan on adding some beads and hand stitching. I may or may not add machine quilting/stitching, depending upon how my hand stitching comes out. I'd love to just do the rest of this all by hand.
I'm so glad I brought this back out. I'd like to get this finished and maybe get it in to Symposium. We'll see.