Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Snowmobiling in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming...

Just returned home from six days of snowmobiling in Montana, Idaho
 and Wyoming - something that seems to have become a yearly tradition in this family.


Three cabins in West Yellowstone, Montana.

Snowmobiling 6 hours each day - through
Yellowstone National Park, 
forests, rivers, lakes and the spectacular Continental Divide.


Only 200 people are permitted into Yellowstone in the winter.
We were 6 of that 200 - basically having the entire 3,472 square miles (or, 2,000,000+ acres)
all to ourselves for an entire day. Rarely seeing other humans.

 .


We had the unique privilege of observing wolves, bison
American eagles, elk, muskrats, grizzly, and a few anti-social coyotes.





But that was just the first day.

Days 2, 3, 4 were spent meandering up mountains, across buttes and over passes...
thousands of feet (8,000+) above sea level through three states - 
from morning until early evening, stopping only to re-fuel.
By the end of each day we were exhausted, sore and rejuvenated.

By day 4 I was the only girl left. The other two
turned their machines in for a day of shopping and relaxing.

I, on the other hand, chose to go the final day with the three guys.
Going places where no girl (or should I say no "sane" girl, has gone before.)

 A few times I found myself in situations that really pushed my abilities 
and my consternation.


 I went down steep hills and ice 
that last year, I turned away from.  

Near death experiences have a lovely
way of strengthening family bonds!



This trip - I conquered many fears 
and pushed outward the boundaries of my comfort zone.

I like how that feels.

This YEAR, I think I shall do more of that in
many areas of my life.




Total Pageviews

Where Are You????