Thursday, May 9, 2013

Four Generations of Mothers.

Five Generations of Haas Women....


Great Grandma Mary Melinda (with her daughter, my Grandmother Wanda Matilda)
(early 1900's?)


 My Gram (and her daughter, my Mother, Mary Ann)
1937(ish)

Gram, My Mom &Tarzan, who was killed in action as a War Hero
1940(ish)

My Mom & I
(1960)



My Daughter, Sabrina and I
(4/2013)





Dear Mom,
I know I've told you this a million times - but my kids are so fortunate I had you for a mother. 
I know you doubted yourself - you had no idea how perfect you were (are,) in my eyes. I so looked up to you.

As a mom, you were the most amazing teacher.  

You taught me when to go easy, but when to be firm. 
When to scold, but when to laugh.
When to help, and when to step back. 
You bestowed upon me patience, virtue, kindness and nurturing - all by your loving example.

It is my deepest wish that my life and the way I raise my children - and one day the way they will raise theirs - honors you and all you have done for our family.  I can only hope that I have sufficiently taught them -- the valuable lessons in life and love that you have taught me. And that I have instilled in them - the wisdom, patience and kindness that you have instilled in me. I do try.  But I know - I do not hold a candle to you.  For you truly were the most decent, kind and honest person - I have ever known.
 I have so much to work on.  I will keep trying. Trying to be more like you.

I love you Mom - we all love you. 
But I love you most -- for all that you have
 been and all that you continue to be -- in me,
and one day, will be....
in them.

Not a Day Goes By...
That I Don't Think of You.

Happy Mother's Day Mom.
I Love and Miss You So.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

What a beautiful tribute.

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????