Friday, October 9, 2009

Just Can't Talk About it Right Now....

It has been one looooooong month (and a half) Between Gizmo being sick, then Sabrina getting the flu and thank you very much - passing it on to me, I seem to have misplaced over a month of my life.
I don't really feel much like talking today as my head is throbbing, my throat is raw, and I feel like I've just been run over by a truck. I really just need to get a cup of tea and go lay down.

Before I do just that, here are a few pictures of a quilt I finished recently to hold you over until I'm feeling better. It's just a simple 4 patch, but this is my first attempted and a "stripped" binding. I cursed it while I was doing it, but I really like the polish that it adds to an otherwise simple little quilt and I can see using this border again in just black and whites on another quilt that I have in the works that is made with black, white and red skull fabric.

I found this really nice flannel cow print fabric for my baby cow quilt - from a collection called Molly's Backyard which I absolutely love. The hand of the fabric is really, really soft and the scale of the cow print is small - which is hard to find and I like it so much better than the larger scale prints.

Hope you don't get what I've got.

17 comments:

~debbie turner altman said...

We missed you last night! Hope you can catch up with your charms and get all straightened out with everyone, as the charms are AWESOME! As I am sure yours are!
Love the striped border, when are you coming over to play on the big daddy quilting machine?

~debbie turner altman said...

Oh...and I sure hope you feel better as you HAVE had a rough month!

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I hope you feel better soon! I like that border, too.

sukipoet said...

oh dear. these flus sound dreadful. one nice thing about blogging is although a virus of sorts can get passed around, your kind of virus cannot. love your happy quilt.

Reflections of life and art said...

Cathie...sure hope you feel better soon.....sorry you've lost a whole month but your quilt is great!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Hope you feel much, much better soon Cathie - look after yourself.

Have just visited your new Etsy shop - it's looking really good, with some delicious pieces featured. BFN. Lesley

PS Has the 'you know what arrived yet'?

Pom Pom said...

Hi Cathie! I'm glad your package arrived and I'm so sorry to hear that you have been sick. I wish you many cups of tea and a blanket of peace!

Lynn Cohen said...

I'm sorry you got what you got and I hope you get over it soon.
The quilt is a beauty! Is the cow print flannel? It all came together so well. I love your free motion hearts on white. This should make you feel good all cuddled up in it. Get well quick.

Kaye Prince said...

I really like he mix of colours you used in this quilt - it's so pretty! I hope you're feeling better soon and have an opportunity to visit everyone's quilts from the Festival.

Dolly said...

Well, bless your heart for taking the time to share a quilt with all of us when you're feeling so bad. As my daughter always tells me when I'm in the middle of a bad time........"Mom, this too shall pass."
Feel better, and snuggle with one of your lovely creations !

Katiejane said...

Oh Cathie, so sorry to hear that you are down. I hope it passes quickly and that you don't miss too much more of your life.

I love your cute little quilt. It looks so happy. Hope it cheers you up. (psst...put some brandy in that tea!...that'l get your motor going again!)

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh, Cathie...I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! You have had a tough month and have been taking care of everyone. You need to put those jammies on and get some rest. Time to take care of you...

I adore your new quilt! The striped border adds so much charm...it turned out great!!!

Take good care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon!

Sending get well hugs your way...XOXO ~Lisa

tooznie said...

Love how the fabrics came together to create such a fun cute quilt!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Cute quilt! The "Old MacDonald" fabric does look like flannel. Lily sings that song, "Old MacFarmy Had a Farm..."

Hope you are over the crud.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Cathie, sorry sweetie, I never saw this post till today! I wonder how that happened

I do hope you and Sabrina and Gizmo are all feeling much better. I am sending my long arms across the sea with lots of hugs

Love and smiles :o)

Leslie said...

what a fun border...this looks great. i love the colors. thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Your little quilt is darling. LOVE the striped binding! I also love the way you quilted this with hearts. ; ) Hope you're feeling better. And, THANKS for the Hallowe'en music...it ROCKS!!!

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????