Monday, November 17, 2014

Eco Printed Leaves....


On white  linen.  


came out so great.  

This linen which was white when I started,   was soaked in soda ash over night, wrung out and then layered with viburnum leaves and wrapped with hemp super tight around a copper pipe.  I steamed it in an aluminum pot outside for four hours or so.

After  it cooled, I unwrapped it,  rinsed it by hand, ironed it and and just smiled.  Beautiful!!!

It's raining today - but I don't care.  I'm grabbing my hiking books, putting on my raincoat and heading out into the woods.  There is so much more beauty to be captured!



2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wow - you're not kidding that turned out great!

How "fast" are these, or does it matter?

Dana said...

All right! You are getting lovely results. Its hard to stop when that happens.

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????