Friday, March 2, 2007

Melting Felt....


This piece is the result of a challenge which involved burning a piece of Kunin felt and then making either an ATC or a Fabric Post Card out of it. Below is the felt after I burned and painted it with Lumiere paints. Above is the ATC I made with the product. I layered the felt over some painted lame, free motion embroidered it, then couched some silk threads and beads onto it. It's really interesting how this felt melts. I know there are products out there that you can paint on the felt to get textured imaging as a result of the burning. I've got to check into these.

2 comments:

arlee said...

I think it's called Xpandapaint. Love that feltmelt!

Carol said...

3D expanding medium or even normal artist acrylic will resist and leave a pattern for you, or stitching etc.

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????