Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fannie's Work is Amazing....


Take a look at this gorgeous and unique sunflower that I received from Fannie. Believe me when I tell you that the picture does not do this justice. It is absolutely stunning. Fannie utilizes Neocolors II in her work which, if you are not familiar with them, are these cool little crayons that are highly responsive to water and act like watercolors, but are very pigment dense. After Fannie lays down the neocolor picture, she then freemotion stitches an image with black thread and the results are spectacular. I immediately fell in love with this technique and have been working on a piece myself. Visit Fannie's blog for a real feast for the eyes. She is one talented gal!

3 comments:

Noel said...

Cathie, some of the ladies on my FAT group introduced these crayons to us...I just wish I had the money to buy them....this is an awesome quilt.

Hugs,
noel

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

hi cathie
WOW that sunflower is stunning!! i took a little walk thru fannies site-such beauty there-thanks for sharing her art with us
enjoy your day ;)
tammy

Fannie said...

Hi, Cathie~
Thanks for the trade and treasure!
Fannie

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????