Thursday, April 19, 2012

So Pretty....

 A lovely hand made modern mug mat and a gorgeous tea cup  presented to me by Sylvia at our Sunday meeting of the Triangle Modern Quilt Guild.  I adore it!

At the meeting everyone who is participating in the modern block swap distributed their pattern, fabric and instructions - 11 in all.




I've gone through each packet now, and I DO have my work cut out for me.
Many blocks are improvisational, but there are quite a few flying geese blocks and several appliqué blocks.  I've never done flying geese via paper piecing, so I tried it last night and it took me a few minutes, but I think I've got it down and they look awesome!!

I'm going to do a "practice" version of each block with my own fabric so I don't cut into someone's fabric and ruin it by doing something stupid. And... I'll have an entire duplicate set of 11 blocks for myself.

I love learning new things and extending my comfort zone.  It's been a while since I've pushed myself creatively.  I've missed that.

Oh... Hi Simba!

1 comment:

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

I think you are going to achieve some really good results with this exercise Cathie. Good luck. x

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????