Saturday, July 7, 2012

Artist Workshops...

I've scheduled myself for several artist workshops /retreats the coming months - beginning Saturday.  The watercolor, acrylic and drawing workshops I'm taking, take place here in Raleigh and the Outer Banks.  The textile bookmaking class I am super excited about,  occurs in the Fall and is being taught in the River Arts District of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  THAT is going to be amazing.



First in the series is a watercolor workshop on Saturday.    Really looking forward to this.  The last watercolor workshop I took was several years ago at the Sunflower Gallery and Studios  in Downtown Wake Forest.

I have been working on several ideas in my sketchbooks for watercolor paintings that I'm hoping may now come to fruition through my participation in these workshops.  We'll see how that goes.




4 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Sounds like lots of fun things coming up. I have been having tons of fun with my watercolors. What paint pallet is that you are showing? Look forward to seeing some of those sketches coming alive. :)

Rafael's Mum said...

Oooh, how marvellous! Looking forward to seeing what you paint. I always wanted to be able to draw and paint but I'm rubbish at it sadly. Sounds like great fun though and great surroundings!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I am jealous! Would love to take a class in Asheville--or even the Sunflower Studio which is only about three miles from home. Can't wait to see what you produce!

~Babs said...

There's something just awesome about a paint palette.
Loving the idea that this one will become well used. Have a great time, and please show us.

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????