Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lake View Cemetery, Cleveland, OH

 Cleveland, Ohio is home to countless gothic cemetaries and churches.  It seems there is one or the other  around every corner.  Being surveyed as a village only 20 years after taking our independence from the Brittish, "Clevealand's" (the spelling to 'Cleveland' came shortly thereafter) first cemetaries  (similar design and style garden cemetaries of England and France,) and churches (reflecting design elements and features of french romanesque revival and english medieval cathedrals) never cease to take my breath away.

Lakeview Cemetary was where I chose to spend my day. Words cannot describe the beauty of this place.  Miles, and miles of delicate, tree lined pathways and trees embrace some of the most spectacular stonework and statuary I have ever seen. It was a very gloomy and rainy (off an on) day - so I had the place to myself for the most part.  I was able to take my time and savor every moment.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A slideshow design by Smilebox


What a fabulous day.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????