Sunday, July 21, 2013

Taking a Break Today...

..and painting. I've never been to Chippawa Lake, but I like it.  Lots of land, farms, corn fields and nice folks.


HE is over at the lake doing his thing.... I'm secluded, in here - in the peace and quiet, and doing mine.  I have my little portable easel, some books and my pallet.


Everything I need for a perfect afternoon.


 I haven't had a painting lesson in a while.

Janie (my teacher) has been at the beach, and it seems when she's in town, I'm out of town. It's been over a month since I've seen her.  I'm still focusing my time working on  trees and  negative space.   Janie is a master at negative space painting.

I took so many pictures yesterday and the day before during my travels along the Lakefront.  I have lots of inspiration to work from within the pages of my sketchbook.  This is really becoming a "thing" for me.  I painted a bunch when I was between 17 and 19 and then just stopped.  Life, I guess.  So glad I have found it again.  I love it so much.







Today is the last day of the race.

Tomorrow we begin house hunting on Lake Erie.   Avon Lake, Bay Village, Westlake and Rocky River - any of those towns would be perfect.  Just close enough - to the city.









But a world away. Avon Lake - between Bradley and Bassett - would be perfection.















Who says,
you can't go home?

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????