Thursday, April 24, 2014

Baby Hawk isn't Such a Baby Anymore…

but I don't think he knows that.
He has gotten huge.

The two small trees he used to fly between in my front yard can barely hold him any more.  I don't think he understands that rather than hopping around the front yard looking for worms like a robin or a wren, he is supposed to be soaring overhead using his keen eyesight to search for rabbits and squirrels.  We find remnants all over the property - of fur, feathers and other things dropped or discarded by his parents.



 But this guy - he is content to bend the branches of my cherry trees and provide me with entertainment every morning.  I'm glad he's still around.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh you lucky dick!! Look at him...he's gorgeous. I am a hawk gal for sure :)

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????