I have drawn a box around the section I am responsible for reproducing....
And here is my reproduction which measures about 14x15" (approximately). You can click on the picture below to enlarge it and view details.
Jean seemed pleased with it. It actually didn't come out too bad. I used a dense weave burlap for the foundation which really made it look like an art canvas. I then painted much of the background on with acrylic paint. I used some orange hand dyed fabric for the oranges, that I painted with highlights and details, stuffed with looose woold and satin stitch embroidered with shiny orange rayon. For the tablecloth, I painted much of that, but then used a piece of hand dyed grey and white fabric. I folded it for texture, and once I got it just how I wanted it, I brushed it with a solution of uva glue and starch. Once it dried, I painted in detail with various shades of blue, grey and white acrylic paint.
I had to leave the meeting before the others showed up with their slices, so I don't have pictures of those -- but later this week I should have some pictures and will post them then.
We have one last art quilt to do and I will be starting on it this week. It's a great picture with a classic car (with lots of chrome) and a surfboard. It should be fun to do.
I am looking forward to getting these behind me so we can start working on our next project. Everyone is going to select a 4-6 block "big block" pattern and each member of the group is going to do one block which will then be given to the owner to put together, sash, bind and quilt. I am really looking forward that one. More on that later.