Friday, October 24, 2008

Durham/Orange Quilt Show at the Historic Tobacco Warehouse

Sabrina and I went to a wonderful quilt show last weekend - the Durham/Orange Quilt Guild's bi-annual show - held at the Historic Tobacco Warehouse District in Durham, North Carolina. It is a wonderful venue for this show as it is open and airy with a ton of natural light streaming through the large windows of the two story facility. The walls and floor are wood and stone and make a magnificient setting for the beautiful artwork.


Here's a glimpse of a few of our favorites. I did not take down the names of the quilts or the artists, (I wish I would have,) but I wanted to share them with you anyway!












Oh, and did I mention -- our friend Jeanne won a Blue Ribbon at the North Carolina State Fair for her trapunto dogwood quilt. Be sure to go and visit her at All Things Quilty and take a look - it's beautiful! We're so proud of you Jeanne!!

9 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Well, thank you, Cathie and Sabrina!

I would love to have attended the Durham-Orange show. Having seen the Tobacco Warehouse, I can imagine it filled with beautiful quilts of all descriptions. Love the quilt with Chatham County's Belted Galloway cows.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

That looks like a great show! I went to the Williamsburg show every year for about 8 years, but I haven't been in about 4 years now. I'm thinking about going this year. I miss that weekend away with my sister. Do you go to that one, too?

Summerset said...

What a gorgeous venue for a show - I love the way the way they have hung all the quilts.

3rdEyeMuse said...

how amazing ... and I adore those little chickies!

Teresa said...

What a beautiful venue! I'll bet you two had a great time. I especially love the scenery quilts because I can't draw. I can piece a sharp point and applique following a pattern but those scenes are ment for others.

Vicki W said...

What a great venue for a quilt show! Let me know about it next year and I'll get my Mom for a road trip!

girlgonethreadwild said...

WOO! What a trip you two had, wish I WAS with!

I have been so HORRIBLE at blogging laTELY.. yikes!

Was like the change of seasons had taken me over and caused me to ART nonstop!!! More to share soon!

FINALLY back to REALITY with the pinkness behind us (well, sort of). Next round WON'T be anything like this first trip- more intimate, smaller group of people.

Sabrina, HI! (waving madly here) LOVE that she loves the skull LOOK! (laughing) I neva grew out of it either so GOOD LUCK with that Cathie... LOL

Thanks for the stop in, MISSED you dearly!

xo, Monica :)

(i get such a kick out of these verification codes... mine reads LOOGEY, ewww gross!)

Pursuing Art... said...

What a beautiful old warehouse! I bet you girls had a great time!

Stunning quilts Cathie! I love them all but am drawn to the one of the cows and the chicks! Thank you for taking snaps and sharing some of your favorites!

Hugs...~Lisa ;-)

girlgonethreadwild said...

Ha! Nice try, I'm NOT smelling anyone's FEET..

yet I THINK I can smell Freckles'zzz toes from the other room! (yikes, someone say BATH?)

hope it's 'k that my pup helps herself to your candy basket... a lil skittish.. she sticks her nose in first to see if the SKULL BITES!

Gizmo is lookin' mighty fine there all dressed up... wish I could do THIS to Freckles but Miss Queen Pee dares that I try!!!!!!

Hmm.

Tiz the season to be freezing!!! High today is 50'... BRING IT ON, I'm so ready for Winter!

~meeee(uhm... currently fascinated with the stinka linkin' verification codes on blogger... TODAYs code reads, "aseles," should I be offended?

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????