Sunday, July 4, 2010

Patchwork Beasts....

Am pretty psyched about participating in Jude's patchwork beasts workshop.

I can't wait to transform some of my favorite beings and non-beings,(bears, corgis and whatever!) into fabric.   Can't you just see Gizmo as a patchwork beast??
 Or how about some of the grizzlies and  black bears I saw in Montana?  Perfect.

This is going to be quite an adventure.  The workshop begins on July 15th.  It will be great fun to follow along with the "traveling companions: on their blogs - while we take this journey together.
Today - I'm looking forward to spending some time in the art cave.  It seems like weeks since I've been in there.   So while my husband is bbq-ing, my daughter is getting ready to go back to UNCSA tomorrow and the corgis are (what else..) sleeping - I will be doing something with maybe my journal, or my trip photographs.

 Something that makes my heart happy.    Looking at this picture I took in  Glacier, Montana where I was a week ago today - makes my heart happy. 

Do something that makes YOUR HEART HAPPY today.
(photo of patchwork beasts pictured, taken from Spiritcloth  with Jude's permission.)

7 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

I can so see Gizmo as a little beast! Fantastic pictures. I hope you were at a safe distance of those bears!!

Joei Rhode Island said...

I did I did!!! I rode for about 4 hours...through the cool maples along the back roads of CT. I smiled and sang to my helmet the whole time.
I think corgies will make "perfect" little beasties...Have fun!

Unknown said...

advice for a lifetime... thanks i will!

Barb said...

I definitely can see your Corgis as fabric beasties! Can't wait to see what you do! Love all your pictures--

Went out on the boat today and fished a little and watched the fireworks--made all of our hearts happy!

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

sounds like a fun project. Can't wait to see what you do. Montana looks beautiful. Was it a harley trip?

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Looking forward to seeing the results of the trip and workshop. Enjoy!! What makes me happy? Summer...Lots of lovely warm fun in the sun weather. :))

Pursuing Art... said...

Can't wait to see your patchwork beasts...fun class, Cathie! I've always admired Jude's stitching...those moons, lions, beasts are wonderful.

Love the photo of Glacier, MT...so beautiful! XOX

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????