Thursday, December 6, 2007

I Know, I Know.....




I haven't been doing ANY stitching lately. Can't seem to find the time - between working, cleaning, Christmas shopping, holiday parties, get togethers and LIFE there's isn't much time left. But I am still quilting away on "hearts." It should be done any moment. In the meantime, here is a delightful stack of "homespuns" and perle cotton I purchased at Schoolhouse Fabrics during a recent trip to Floyd, Virginia. This old schoolhouse has been turned into one of the most unique fabric shops Sabrina and I have visited. Anyone out there make anything cute out of homespuns you'd like to share with me? I'd love some ideas as to what to do with this little package of fat quarters as I've never worked with homspuns before but have always admired their tactile appeal. So - let's hear what you've made. P.S. (I just gave the two Corgi's a bubble bath and while I write this they are chasing eachother around in circles and up and down the stairs. They always get frisky after their baths. Too cute!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Houiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, no how cute this is, is this Gizmo? I mean he is still cute especially with his special look he gives us after having been "dressed" by you with all sorts of hats and things...
but this little puppy is overcute:)
I'm jealous about the yarns!
:) Andrea

Vicki W said...

When I was in college at VT in the laste 70's and early '80's I used to stop there all the time on my way home. I'm so glad you posted a photo - it's a great memory!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

The colors of your homespuns would make great school house blocks. A memory of your trip...

~Niki~ said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :) Your puppy is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????