Sunday, December 2, 2007

One WIP Down.... 9 More to Go!

I made this little 6x6 piece to trade with a wonderfully creative lady who just happens to live in Paris. Her work is very spiritual and full of texture and it truly inspires me. So, using some of her favorite colors, I tried to create something I am hoping she will enjoy looking at. On the front I used several colors of silk dupioni, metallic threads, Lumiere metallic paint, hand painted fabric, Austrian crystal beads and abalone shells. On the back I used hand "tea-dyed" linen and metallic threads. I love working in this scale as it lends itself to "risk taking" and experimentation without fear. I also love working with silk dupioni as it is a wonderful texture to paint on and holds inks and paints very well.


6 comments:

GraceBeading said...

It's beautiful Cathie!

Unknown said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Cathie: Love the linnen, love the sun and the turquoise, love the shells and the silk and the quote on the back and the way you expressed yourself in general.
Now I'm looking forward to touch this beautiful thing and give it a special place,
(couldn't resist peeping here) LOL
Love
Andrea

Phyl said...

WOW!WHat a gorgeous textured piece!LOve it!Also love your new snow photos/banner!Go, Cathie!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

This is a little gem, Cathie! Your friend in Paris will be tres heureuse!

Unknown said...

Yes, je suis très heureuse! :)
I can't wait to see it!

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????