What started out as a painting "experiment" on some white duck cloth when I first received my Neocolors in the mail, ended up being free motion embroidered, quilted, is being beaded and turned in to a Journal cover. (I'm currently beading the centers of some of the flowers with crystals and beads.)
After inserting the blank lined journal into the cover to make sure it fit, I decided that blank pages just wouldn't do. Once again, I got out the Neocolors, and a few of my favorite gardening magazines and went to work as I clipped out words, flowers, and implements to adorn the pages which I later modpodged down, and watercolored around - being extra careful to NOT saturate the pages too much with either water or color so they can be easily written upon by the special person for whom this journal was made.
I plan on making another one of these soon, utilizing the knowledge I gained from the first one, as there are many things I will do differently -- next time.
As an endnote: I also finished some bookmarks I made with my Neocolors when I first got them. They too are off to new homes within the next week.
Now, it's time to get back to work.
I've only got 24 more days!!
The generous man enriches himself by giving; the miser hoards himself poor. - Dutch Proverb
'Tis the Season for Giving...
Give from the heart!