Thursday, November 8, 2007

Doodling- the springboard for creation!


In the car, on the metro, in bed (????) - everybody's doing it - fiber artists, painters - poets and writers. Doodling! I am a huge lurker of art and writing blogs. I find them extremely entertaining and inspiring. It's become a hobby for me. I find that I am as interested in "why" they are doing what they are doing -- as "what" they are doing. And Recently I've noticed increased buzz about doodling as a practical exercise. So, always interested in trying things that are going to expand my horizons -- I grabbed a sharpie and my journal gave it a go. Sabrina tried it too -- and it was fun. Here are some links to some of my favorite doodlers - visit Andrea's blog AND Susan Sorrell's gallery on her website to see what they do with their doodles - it's amazing!! AND, if you are interested in giving it a try - visit http://www.zentangle.com/index.php and check out the gallery. It's really fascinating to see what these artists are doing with their doodles -- from watercolor paintings to intricately stitched designs -- they are really cool and the possibilities are truly endless. I'd love to try stitching a series of saturated doodles on a piece of linen or dupioni silk.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cathie, your's and Sabrina's doodles aregreat, little "planets", with lots of things to discover! Thanks for mentioning my blog on yours, I'm honoured! With reference to the marketplace:yes, I go there every Saturday if possible. There is so much choice and it is fun to shop here instead of the supermarket...

girlgonethreadwild said...

Holy smokes! Look at UR blog here, it thrills me to death girl! Check out those doodles...I'm not much of a doodler with pen & ink but def. will scroll using the ol' sew machine. I'm def. linking you, I wanna come back to see what you're going to do next! :) Art on, Monica

Total Pageviews

Where Are You????